The International Seminar on Protected Area Management is an integrated, state-of-the art course that examines strategies to conserve the world’s most special places. The seminar is designed for mid-career planners and managers of nationally significant protected areas worldwide and focuses on evaluating the policies and institutional arrangements that sustain both people and natural resources.
1. Provide an overview of the US System of Protected Area Management and the systems and critical thinking underpinnings of the US approach
2. Deepen participants’ understanding of what is involved in Protected Area Management in municipal, wildland and national park environments
3. Engage participants in considering how the US systems and practices are relevant and applicable to their local and national situations
4. Ensure a robust action plan for application of Seminar concepts, models and practices in participants’ home country contexts
5. Exchange ideas and build networks with colleagues from around the world